Bakery - Assistant Planner
At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionary products from six cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
On top of this we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to improve the way we do what we do best – bake.
Due to continual expansion we are currently looking for an Assistant Planner, ideally with experience within an FMCG environment for our Dudley site
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for Planning KPI reporting, monitoring finished goods stock levels.
Support planner with factory daily scheduling and plan attainment
• Liaise with manufacturing to track plan attainment and communicate issues and resolutions
• Monitor customer orders versus forecast on a daily basis
• Liaise with sales and NPD to support new product launches
• Analyse customer service levels and problem solve issues on a daily basis
• Support planner in reviewing daily production schedules and communicating to manufacturing
• Daily problem solving, service issues, supplier delays, forecast changes.
• High levels of confidentiality regarding customer activity, launches, and company manufacturing strategy
• Monitor raw material / packaging stock levels for potential obsolete stocks
• Maintain adequate stock to meet customer orders and minimise obsolete stocks
• Continuous trade off between service levels, stockholding and manufacturing efficiencies
• Monitor customer orders and forecasts to improve service levels
• Experience in a similar role within an FMCG environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident to communicate at all levels, both internally and with external suppliers
• Ability to prioritise
• Strong Excel & Sage skills
Planner . Bakery . Food Manufacturing . FMCG . Assistant Planner . Planning Department . David Wood Baking Ltd