Bakery - Stores Operative
About the Role:
To assist in all aspects of stock maintenance, placing orders and receiving goods
This is a demanding role; full training will be given to the right candidate however previous experience working in a fast paced warehouse environment would be an advantage. As a stores operative you will be responsible for maintaining the warehouse area in a tidy and orderly manner with a strong attention to detail to assist with traceability of product. You must have the ability to maintain high standards, even under pressure, you must be able to work in an organised manner and have the ability to prioritise your workload.
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for general duties within despatch and goods in, picking & packing, loading/unloading. Applicants must pay particular attention to detail while picking and identify product codes accurately. The ideal candidate must have good levels of numeracy and literacy as well as been a hard-working and dedicated team member. You must be motivated and have the ability to self-manage and demonstrate a flexible approach.
* Recording Goods inwards / Outwards
* Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate
* To take delivery of goods delivered into stores, with the use of Forklifts where required
* Ensure that all goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and check for damages and quantity
* Put materials away in stores after deliveries
* To get materials out ready for Factory use
* Assist with stock checks when requires
* Keep stores clean & tidy
* Ability to lift boxes of varying weights
* Monitor scrap metal returns and general waste skips
* MUST have stores experience
* MUST have valid Counterbalance & Reach Licence
Hours of work:
Various shift patterns
5 days over 7 – some flexibility will be required.
Rate of Pay:
At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from six cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
On top of this we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to improve the way we do what we do best – bake.
** PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE VALID LICENCES, ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT THESE WILL BE REJECTED **